About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role is Corporate Sales with direct coverage of International Corporate Clients within MENA. There will also be team related responsibilities assisting colleagues to help achieve team and bank-wide objectives. The purpose is to grow the MENA IC Client Franchise, with specific focus on UAE, Bahrain & Qatar IC clients - from a business perspective whilst following all regulatory responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Focus on managing and growing the UAE, Bahrain & Qatar IC Client Franchise across asset classes and work jointly with the team as required to execute structured transactions across the wider MENA region
- Work closely with Trading, Research, Structuring, Credit, CIB, and Risk to drive collaboration and cross-sell within the relevant accounts
- Develop our business in line with internal and External requirements
- Make our business more efficient
- Achieving assigned full year budget as per annual P3 document for client income from allocated clients. Within this budget, generate specific Financial Markets Product mix as per P3 Document
- Ensure the Bank's clients receive pricing and support, both in terms of trading and market information
- Is an individual contributor and supports others
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates
- Executing trades we must follow credit check processes, CA's, appropriateness and suitability as well as assessing market risk. We must also work within any other limits set against the business.
- Assess and approve the feasibility and agree a solution for implementation of risk control policies
- Responsible for executing the activities within the end-to-end Process in accordance with the process design and control standards
- Jointly and severally responsible with the Second Line for risk and control outcomes of the process and any remediation or risk treatment actions in order to remain within risk tolerance
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase productivity and reduce operational risk
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the firm's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Must be aware of and follow our procedures including Cross-Border, Termsheet, Dodd Frank where applicable, Product Fair pricing, Disclaimers, suitable Marketing Materials as well as any required qualifications such as FAP in Bahrain. Must manage EUCs, be aware of Dealing Mandate requirements, FM FO Dealing Handbook, PA account Dealing Principles as well as the Gifts and Entertainment register, New Joiners, Staff transfer/Exit checklists. Must also follow MAR requirements and manage FMRAW responsibilities.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- For DIFC governance purposes, any actual or potential conduct, regulatory and / or internal policy matters related to DIFC based staff, or activities, must be escalated to the Head of FM MENAP for consideration and action if needed
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work within the MENA IC team covering the client base to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the DFSA
- Trading, Structuring, MTCR, Operations, Risk, Credit, Legal, Compliance, CIB, Transaction Banking, Ecommerce Sales, Regulators
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in MENA FM Sales team and demonstrate in daily behavior
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and
- Follow FM Code of Conduct, Compliance Manual, Supervision Principles and Manual as well as FM Market Conduct Compliance Manual
- Candidates preferred with Business Management and / or Accounting/ Commerce related Graduate / Post-Graduate degrees - MBA/CA/ BBA or their equivalent qualifications
- Candidates to have relevant experience in Financial Market Sales with sound understanding of FM derivative products esp FX, Rates & Commodities
- Preferred Arabic Speakers
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.