When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem - our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
What's on our Plate?
- Develop new partnerships with companies in industries including Beverages, FMCG, Telecom, etc.
- Grow existing partnerships with companies in the above industries.
- Develop new revenue initiative strategies, esp. around solutions, pricing, pitching, and launch
- Work cross-functionally to lead strategic projects around long-term product and partner strategy around revenue initiatives that span all Talabat entities
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, finance, legal and marketing to maintain and launch partnerships
- Use business analytics expertise to proactively identify and realize opportunities to increase revenue
What did we order?
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant studies such Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Business development / Corporate Partnerships
- Advanced MS Office / Google Docs skills: particularly with spreadsheets and presentations
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced, results-oriented work environments
- Strong analytical mindset, using data to substantiate your business cases and strategic conclusions
- Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in mobile platforms or E-commerce domains
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders
- Provide exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Show a capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision
- Demonstrate strong execution abilities by identifying, evaluating, tracking and mitigating issues