Hiring Accountant for Travel & Tourism
A leading Travel & Tourism Group Company looking for an Accountant in Dubai.
To assist the Group Finance Manager and Financial Analyst in managing the accounting function of the Group of Companies in accordance with the standard accounting procedures and practice.
Functional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide sales and expenses reports. – Training team on system and process changes.
- Analyses and reconciles central suppliers’ and agents’ accounts
- Process Travel Agent Commissions and incentives using our Lodging Management System.
- Work with the reservation’s accounts payable, and vendor setup departments to ensure accurate and timely payments to travel suppliers and airlines.
- Ensure that the system books daily accounting entries correctly.
- Assist with travel accounting processes including suppliers’ payments
- Complete monthly journal entries to ensure accurate accounting within standards.
- Prepare and Post for Daily and Monthly Manual Sales, and expenses accruals
- Follow up and send out reminders to travellers for payment collection.
- Complete system testing and integration testing for new audit rules/changes in configuration.
- Solving issues that occurred while getting final bookings confirmed after issuing and re-issuing airline tickets and other travel services, and making a final report of gross and net profit.
- Handle higher-level concerns, and complex tasks such as detailed reporting, data presentation, and analysis.
- Complete ad-hoc or periodic analysis and reporting projects to summarize various items such as expense activity, sales performance, trending destinations, and/or policy compliance issues, and share with high management as applicable.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity, recommend solutions and implement improvements for achieving optimal efficiency and effectiveness in a controlled environment.
- Partner with the manager to maintain departmental metrics, service level agreements, and benchmarking
- Work closely with the audit team regarding periods trial balance, and ledgers for all accounts.
- Minimum 3 years – of experience in Travel and Tourism accounting.
- Working with E-travel accounting Package will be added an advantage.
- University degree either in Economics/Accountancy/Finance/International relations.
- Ability to be flexible and perform a variety of functional roles at any time to achieve business needs.
- Knowledge of standard Travel Industry reporting policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Flexibility to changes of payment deadlines, holiday packages alteration in invoices, and last-minute cancelations/confirmations updates.
- Proactive, attentive to details, and demonstrated a sense of urgency in completing assignments.