We are currently recruiting an Assistant Chief Steward.
The candidate must be in UAE.
You’re Day To Day
- Supervises the functioning of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operation and costs
- Controls, on an on-going basis – Quality level of product and service, guest satisfaction, sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene. · Establishes and maintains such systems and methods of operation as are necessary to supply all outlets and production areas with clean, correct, and timely miss-in placed, minimizes cost through breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage and appropriate staff levels.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Director of Food and Beverage, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, on -the – job performance appraisal, coaching, suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Develops formal training plans and conducts on -the -job training sessions for stewarding department employees and conducts all administrative work related.
- Attends and contributes to all the related meetings, including Chef’s daily briefing.
- Keeps an up-to-date record, which include, but are not limited to – specifications, costs, and breakage and par stocks.
- Implements the hotel sanitation checklist as defined in the food and beverage Manual and takes corrective action required.
- Implements food safety procedures as instructed by the Municipality, including HACCP regulations.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work and coordinates with engineering and ensures cleanliness of all facilities and equipment.
- In order to be considered for this role you should hold a recognized hotel diploma and at least 1 year experience working in the same position within a 4* or 5* hotel.
- Detailed knowledge of food technical skills is essential for this role as well as a proven track record in launching new concepts and promotions, training and developing staff.
- It is also essential that you have a good command of the English language (verbal and written) and knowledge.