To assist the cooks in the daily food production in a location ensuring food safety rules and regulations are followed to ensure safe preparation of meals.
• Responsible for his part of the food production schedule as assigned by the Chef.
• Receive from stores ingredients required for the daily production.
• Work in all areas of production including hot or cold kitchen as required.
• Help in the packing of food for locations or placing the menu items in the service areas.
• Follow all food safety policies and procedures to ensure the safe production of food.
• Ensure the correct use of equipment at all times
• Report equipment breakdown or failure to the chef.
• Ensure his work station is kept clean as per the cleaning schedules.
• Actively works with chefs to increase his knowledge and expertise in all areas of production.
• Attend and participates in training sessions as required.
• Perform other functions that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
* Secondary degree
* At least 1 year kitchen exposure / background or has worked as Steward for a minimum of 1 – 2 years.
*Creativity and Innovation
*Hygiene and Food Safety