We are looking for an English Writer to join our MENA office.
As an English Writer, you will have a comprehensive knowledge of corporate and media-related communications, as well as digital and social media communications opportunities. You will act as a final quality control check for all communication materials including – but not limited to – press releases, media invites, opinion editorials, speeches, talking points and digital copy before they are disseminated to the media and/or published on client channels.
Joining us at the start of a major project, the English Editor will be a responsive, responsible and authoritative self-starter who can write original, compelling content across all platforms and, vitally, contribute across the project management team with coherent strategic inputs.
- Assist various client teams in writing news releases, media invites, Q&As, speeches, features, bios and other communication material such as corporate/business presentations in PPT or other such software
- Review, edit and rewrite all written material (to include traditional, digital, and social media content) as required by team members
- Ability to understand the requirements of various teams and convey the client’s key messages adequately and appropriately through effective use of language
- Support teams by providing error-free media-worthy material
- Consult and guide client-handling teams on matters related to media requests
- Interact with team members and support them in building accurate communication measures
- Efficiently manage deadline-oriented workflow of releases, invites and requests from various team members on a daily basis
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques or ideas at brainstorming sessions
- Support the project manager in ensuring that resources are in place to cover delivery of all written deliverables
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in English Literature/Journalism/Communications with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in communications, public relations or journalism, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a member of a corporate communications team preferred but not required
- Excellent grammar, editing, writing and re-writing skills;
- A wordsmith who can provide error-free editorial content that is media-ready
- Ability to recognize the key messages of clients and offer effective ways to convey them to the relevant target audience
- Capable of rapidly handling industry-specific research to add value to the editorial content and other communication materials for the teams
- Completely thorough with local, regional and global current-affairs
- Quick with computers especially skilled in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook