Responsible for executing internal audits to assess business processes and risks, evaluate internal controls and provide recommendations to improve business processes and control environment. This title will support the Head of Audit in the development of vision and organizational plan for the overall Internal Audit Department. He/she also supervises audit team to achieve the overall objective.
- Performing the risk assessment and support the Head of Internal Audit in development of risk based internal audit plan.
- Perform internal audits as per the internal audit plan by conducting planning, fieldwork and reporting activities in compliance with internal audit manual and professional auditing standards in order to provide management with insights into areas of risk that are not adequately controlled and identify opportunities for process and control improvements.
- Review, monitor and assess the work of internal audit staff and appraise their performance.
- Preparation of audit working papers in accordance with internal audit manual and professional standards, resolving all review comments on a timely basis and archiving of internal audit files.
- Prepare internal audit reports, and communicates findings and recommendations and discuss them with auditees/process owners to achieve agreement and understand their concerns on corrective actions.
- Carry out follow up reviews to assess the status of implementation of the management action plans and ensures the continuation of such follow up till satisfactory results are achieved.
- Build and maintain the right relationships internally within the company, locally as well as internationally, if needed, participate in professional bodies such as Institute of Internal Auditors (IAA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, AICPA etc…. and be credible with relevant governments bodies/authorities in order to promote professional brand image, and drive continuous improvement, and deployment of best practices within the organisation.
- Where applicable/as requested, examine and professionally investigate various functions and interview relevant stakeholders to ensure accurate recording of issues and/or transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Undertake specific internal audit reviews and ad-hoc requests, based on assignment by the Head of Internal Audit and/or Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant qualification.
- Certifications related to the Audit Industry such as CPA, CIA, CFE etc…
- 8 years of relevant professional experience in audit.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing will all levels of the organization as well as with external partners.
- Strong knowledge of internal auditing concepts, business processes risk and internal control systems.
- Must be familiar with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and necessary processes to ensure compliance.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a complex, global environment.
- Must have the highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics.
- Adept at working individually and as part of a team with commitment to teamwork and results.
- Willingness and ability to develop and maintain collegial and professional relations with colleagues, other heads of departments, and top management.
- Always maintain a positive attitude while carrying out his/her duties and responsibilities.