The IT specialist will work with simple/medium complex tasks and some variation in tasks. You should understand diverse business needs and have some solution in-sight and technical skills. You execute the technical/functional implementation and can present ideas for IT colleagues and the team.
About The Job
- Handles tasks of low to medium complexity and takes both business requirements and IT efficiency into consideration, whilst assessing the tasks with the right balance between detail and 'helicopter' perspective.
- Drives solutions of simpler tasks and projects that span one technical area.
- Acts as trusted advisor of IT solutions for local management, team leads and super users (e.g. production or cold store manager).
- Vendors follow up
- Change implementation (documentation, test etc.)
Doing so, you will
- Assist design and implementation of new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Assist configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Procuring equipment and managing subcontractors involved
- Manage other office locations mostly remotely or in person if the need arises
- Provide technical support to all employees
- Install and configure hardware equipment and software programs
- Execute different maintenance activities when needed
- Work with other team members or IT professionals to ensure upholding IT standards
- ERP system support and assist implementation/migration projects
- Perform other ad-hoc projects or tasks as assigned
The candidate should
- Have a minimum Bachelor's Degree. You like to work with multi-cultural environment and with customers across the region
- Hold minimum of 5 Years of experience as IT coordinator
- Preferably with CCNA/CCNP or MCP certifications OR strong understanding of network infra-structure and network hardware
- Ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge of a variety of IT systems, databases and applications, familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Strong communication skills, with the ability of using Microsoft office and managing hardware and software