Primary Objective: Responsible to oversee supply chain operations and ensure the efficient and cost-effective distribution of goods. Receive and verify the invoices and allocation costs to site business units for logistics services. Provide inventory control and shipping / receiving support. Coordinates all in- and out bond logistic activities. Coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods. Responsible for evaluating each step of the orders and shipment process.
Roles & Responsibility
- Communicate with vendors when purchase orders are due to be received to ensure they are on track.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of shipments.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
- Review vendor invoices with errors and coordinate a quick resolution.
- Monitor the package and labels of products accurately.
- Coordinate with the warehouse department for shipment of materials.
- Identify shipping methods and routes for products to be shipped.
- Prepare and present reports to the management.
- Ensure the orders are in compliance with regulations, policies, laws, and ISO requirements.
- Works closely with the buying & accounting department to ensure the best supply chain solutions are achieved.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Create purchase orders for current and forecasted demand.
- Follow-up with vendors to ensure purchase orders have correct price, freight charge, and delivery date.
- Coordinate with vendors in the event of an issue with quality and complete non conformance reports.
- Perform special assignments as given by the Head of the Department.
Knowledge, Skill & Competencies required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
- 2-3 years of experience as logistics coordinator in UAE is required.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.