In the context of INDUSTRIAL CHAIR of EXCELLENCE, the Sorbonne Center of AI (SCAI) is soliciting applications for a Research Internship in artificial intelligence and machine learning related to drones recognition and tracking. The internship duration is for six months and the work will be conducted in the SCAI-Abu Dhabi premises and/or remotely depending on work circumstances in the UAE. The trainee will be offered a monthly stipend and, upon completion, he/she will be granted a completion certified by SCAI.
• Selected applicant for this position will have a Part time position working at least 20 hours/week.
• This position is intended for UAE NATIONALS only.
Topics of the Internship
The topics of the internship, that will last for 6 months, include the following items:
· Getting familiar with Stone Soup software (An open framework in PYTHON has been develop by US/CAN/UK/AUS MoDs)
· Applying python library and stone soup SW in simulating moving objects tracking using Kalman filter, extended Kalman filter, and particle filter ( the effect of covariance values will be studied).
· Applying python library in simulating moving objects tracking using nonlinear regression techniques ( evolutionary algorithms will be used for optimizing the non-liner regression parameters).
Knowledge in the following areas is an advantage:
• Good background in AI technics, Machine Learning, Linear regression, discriminant functions, supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, classification, pattern recognition, reinforcement learning, and neural networks.
• knowledge of radars and signal processing is an advantage.
Required technical skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Strong skills in programming languages such as Python, R, MATLAB, Java, and C++. Skills in Pytorch, TensorFlow, and Multi-agent programming are a plus.
• Strong background in mathematical modeling and computer simulations.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to work effectively with a multiple diverse community.
• Strong commitment and perseverance to achieve assigned tasks and meet the deadlines.
Required Academic Qualifications:
• Minimum CGPA of 3.5 in the Master degree (or its equivalent). Major should be in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or any closely related field. Thesis option in the Master is preferred.
• Minimum CGPA of 3.0 in the Bachelor degree (or its equivalent). Major should be in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering , Mathematics or any closely related field.
• Three recommendation letters from academic faculty or profession superiors.
Interested applicants may send their CV to:
Prof. Amal El Fallah Seghrouchni - Holder of the chair of excellence Sorbonne University - LIP6 – CNRS – SCAI and UM6P http://www.digital-ia.org
Prof. Raed Abuzitar, SCAI – Sorbonne University -Abu Dhabi Raed.Zitar@sorbonne.ae