The Operations Manager (Ops. Mgr.) will support RAKHL General Manager (GM) with the day-to-day management of the companies’ three subsidiaries:
- Hospitality Staff accommodation
- Staff transportation services
- RAKTA B2B Travel Services and Ticketing
The Operations Manager will lead the managers and operational teams of two of these subsidiaries, supporting the GM with the tactical optimization of companies processes and resources to facilitate the companies’ future success and growth.
Primary focus of Operations Manager will be on Staff Transportation, Guest Transportation and to support the GM with restructuring of RAKTA Travel Agency and RAKHL Fleet Management. Upon completion of Accommodation Project, the role will include directing the Travel and Accommodation Managers with the efficient management of their teams, the new purpose-built facilities, travel agency, accommodation office, processes and procedures as well as guest amenities to ensure profitable operations and customer satisfaction. The role calls for monitoring all tactical operating actions and their alignment with the long-term strategic objectives.
1. Financial Accountability:
- Responsible in supporting the GM with preparing and tracking of RAKHL subsidiaries annual operational budgets.
- Revenue generation responsibility through effective management of RAKHL resources and processes.
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective transportation service by monitoring bus schedules, route usage, fleet management and that accurate costs standards are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective transportation service by monitoring airline contracts, booking volumes & costs and commission rates.
- Investigate, recommend and implement possible business improvements and costs savings.
- In collaboration with GM & RAKHH finance department process and check the accuracy of monthly invoices.
- Support RAKHH finance department monthly billing by authenticating monthly sales, route, guest and event invoices.
- Follow RAKHH finance department procedures.
2. Operational Accountability:
- Assist the GM with the outsourcing of services for RAKHL fleet maintenance and staff accommodation, staff feeding, security and facilities management to ensure safety and customer satisfaction.
- Support the GM with quality control of facilities and services by monitoring the performance of third party KPI’s & PPM’s and conducting periodic hygiene & quality checks.
- When necessary, support the GM with the logistics of setting up new staff accommodation and bus routes for pre-opening properties & corporate clientele and other business requirements.
- Responsible for RAKHL fleet management:
o Ensure seat vacancies are utilised in all bus trips as agreed and contracted with clients.
o Ensure correct size of transport vehicles are showing up as per the allocated schedules.
o Spot check cleanliness of contracted vehicles.
o Supervise, coordinate and participate in maintaining accurate and timely bus schedule, maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles as per customer service and HSE standards.
- Lead the transportation team and ensure effective staff and guest transportation operation are in place to facilitate the scheduled bus routes and RAKL - Safarak hotel guest transportation bookings.
- Lead the travel agency team and ensure effective business to business travel services and sales.
- Plan and implement necessary changes in the bus schedules for Holly month of Ramadan, New Years’ Eve as well as special events.
- To recommend changes to the services provision when necessary.
- Assess and implement system(s) to facilitate effective flight booking, fleet and accommodation management.
- Investigate and report all discrepancies that are potentially in violation of the law, RAKHL polices or contracted agreements with RAKHL staff accommodation, transportation - and travel services clients as well as the third-party service providers.
- To ensure safety standards are adhered to in all assigned areas.
- To be aware and implement legislative requirements and changes.
- Ensure HSE, transport legislations and mandatory deviations are considered and included within the accommodation, transport and travel service contracts.
- To create high level of relationship with customers, staff and third party to ensure no breakdown in communication and to ensure smooth operations.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction. Monitors if customer satisfaction levels and quality of service deliver are within strategic targets and escalates potential deviations to his/her superior
- Provides solutions to issues raised by customers and seeks guidance if needed from GM & Director of Operations of Safarak in addressing effectively those issues
- Arrange and attends regular meetings with clients to get feedback and maintain good relationship
- Monitor agreements and develop relationships with external partners/vendors/contractors.
- Keep up to date on market supplier development in the logistic sector and propose best practices from suppliers to be included in future vendor agreements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation according to approved procurement plan in collaboration with Procurement Manager and Director of Operations
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Project Management, Hospitality, Accommodation, Logistics or related fields.
- Accredited professional certification or executive education in hospitality management, transportation & logistics management or relevant will be considered positive.
- Hospitality, Travel Agency, Transportation or logistics customer service-related industry background.
- Minimum 5 years managing a team providing a variety of high-quality hospitality, travel or transportation services to a multicultural clientele.
- Minimum 5 years Middle East experience, preferably within United Arab Emirates.
- High end accommodation, facilities, transportation and customer service background will be considered positive.
- Experience of managing or working in a travel agency with exposure and understanding of Airline and GDS booking systems will be considered positive
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead a cross-functional team
- Ability to ensure that operational demands are carried out in-line with the long- & short-term objectives of the company.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data to make informed and cost-effective decisions.
- Good level of written and verbal English and Hindi.
- Knowledge on accommodation and transportation systems.
- Exposure and understanding of Airline and GDS booking systems.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail orientated with ability to develop operational processes and plans.
- Experience of working in and leading a multicultural team.
- Familiarity with labour accommodation and transportation law.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach.