At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients’ projects. As one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients’ most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Roles and responsibilities
The Regional Financial Controller Middle East is based in Dubai, UAE and reports to the regional CFO.
The position oversees the financial monitoring of the Middle East (ME) business performance with key focus on the annual budget, rolling forecasts, latest estimates, strategic plans and financial KPIs.
This position acts as a key contact with our Execution team based in ME and with the Finance team based in Europe and India, driving FP&A initiatives, promoting best practices and elevating the professional competency of the Finance function.
The role will support the commercial and financial strategic direction of the ME region and will consist of a team of 2 controllers based in UAE.
The key roles and responsibilities are:
- Support the CFO for the deployment and integration of the finance organization within Middle East (incl. implementation of group standards and systems, sharing the best practices, providing training, etc…)
- Manage the Project Control team
- Support and challenge the projects managers on their projects’ performance
- Support the project managers and dedicated finance team (accounting & project controller) for the invoicing and cash collection process
- Work and challenge the entities to produce monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements, KPIs, budgets
- Analyses the financial performance of the projects / entities within Middle East and steers the realization of their targets
- Analyze SG&A, Working capital, Cash Flow from Operations, bonds, risk and opportunities, foreign exchange impacts
- Analyses cost optimization opportunities together with the regional CFO
- Be accountable for and set up procedures related to timely and qualitative statutory reporting processes and for reconciliation process between financial statements for local purpose and those report for consolidation under Tractebel Group
- Advise entities and the regional team on accounting, IFRS, tax
- Supports the continuous improvement of the regional accounting, ERP and reporting tools
- Contribute to the watch and assessment of new regulations, in particular with respect to finance, accounting and tax matters
- Contribute to the compliance of all companies within the Middle East region with finance & accounting policies of Tractebel group
- Contribute when needed to the definition of procedures and methods for Business Development in all aspects related to project accounting representation and integration within the Middle East scope.
University degree or equivalent in accounting or finance.
Any additional training or degree is an asset (CPA, CFA, ACCA, MBA)
Strong and excellent communication skills in English. One of the following languages (Arabic/French) is a plus
Experience And Skills
- Min. 6 years’ experience in Finance (financial controlling / FP&A, or similar environment)
- Additional experience outside finance is optional but could be useful
- Strong base knowledge of accounting, finance, and operational principles
- Solid budgeting/forecasting/reporting background and experience with managing multiple entities
- Ability to grow, motivate and lead a team
- Familiar with complex organizations (multicultural, wide geographical scope)
- Strong analytical reasoning
- Able to manage numerous and shifting priorities and to operate in an ambiguous, stressful environment with tight deadlines and high standards.
- Able to work with modern communication and collaboration tools (Teams, SharePoint, PowerBI...)
- Capabilities to drive IT digitalization within the finance department
- Good knowledge of O365; proficiency in Excel being mandatory (ability to build complicated tables)
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models, including VBA programming
- (Advanced) knowledge of consolidation system (SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation) and BI tools (SAP Business Planning and Consolidation).
- Knowledge and experience on QuickBooks and/or similar financial packages is a plus
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative, anticipation and sense of urgency
- Able to manage various and shifting priorities, able to adapt quickly in an environment with tight deadlines and high-quality standards
- Team player with proven ability to work with all levels of management and develop relationships
- Pragmatic with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage constructively with different stakeholders (finance and non-finance)
- Capability to summarize (synthetic mindset)
- Knowledge of Engineering consultancy activities (e.g. Power Generation, T&D, Water Desalination, Energy Transition, Urban etc…)