A new state-of-the-art facility Sports and Wellness facility, located in one of the most sought after and prestigious suburban areas in Dubai, are currently looking to bring on board a Sports Physiotherapist to join their new clinic.
The ideal candidate must reside in Dubai United Arab Emirates and have an active DHA license or eligibility letter
Applicants must also have experience with professional sportsmen/sportswomen (athletes) and dry needling experience is mandatory for this role
- You must have the ability to work under pressure within a multicultural environment.
- You'll provide appropriate response when sport and exercise-related injuries occur and will rehabilitate the patient back to full fitness from a clinic setting
- Patients will include both adults and children who are involved in sport or fitness at amateur or professional level, or for general fitness and recreational purposes
- You'll also provide advice and support to help prevent injuries
- Rehabilitate injuries by using manual therapy techniques, exercise and therapeutic modalities
- Be very efficient in electrotherapy, exercise therapy and joints manipulation and mobilization to alleviate pain
- Always maintaining a high standard of work, conduct ethical practice and show professionalism and to always put patient safety first.
- Conduct a fitness-level assessment on people involved in sport and exercise, and advise accordingly on exercises prior to an event or in general.
- Mentally and physically prepare sports people before a competition or event and use strapping, taping and massage techniques where necessary
- Assess and treat both patients by improving physical strength, cognition, mobility, and quality of life in patients
- Evaluating, planning and delivering bespoke physiotherapy treatment plans to meet the patients’ specific needs
- Manage pre-admission assessments and follow-up care
- Test joints for ease and range of movement, pain and disfunction
- Provide emergency aid and basic life support in a sport and exercise environment
- Examine and assess injuries and determine whether the sport and exercise participant can continue safely with the event or activity
- Design and monitor rehabilitation programmes appropriate to the injury and/or sport and level
- Decide whether extra treatments are needed and coordinate referrals to other practitioner
- Demonstrate close collaboration and teamwork and have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate close coordination between medical staff and athletic training team concerning each patient protocol.
- If injuries or health-related issues go beyond your scope of practice, you'll refer the patient to an appropriate healthcare professional with guidance from your director.
Applicants who are not based in Dubai and without a DHA license and with no sports physiotherapy background cannot be considered at this time.