Steel Structural Engineer – Erection Part
Location: candidate shall be based in UAE
Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day Supervision of the Contractor structural steel works as directed by Projects section Head and in accordance with Project requirements in the General and Particular Specifications.
- The steel structure engineer will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring structural steelwork administration activities
- Manage pre-construction planning activities, review and comment on the Contractor’s construction schedule(s), method statements, and risk assessments for the structural steel works.
- Participate in Prequalification review of proposed structural steel suppliers / fabricators and attend factory visits as required during the approval consideration process.
- Ensure the Contractor’s proposed temporary works are sufficiently detailed and checked to ensure the safe erection of the permanent structural steelwork
- Administrating contract works, and assisting the Resident Engineer (RE) with prompt exchange of correspondence, submittals, relating to all Structural Steelwork
- Supervising and remaining vigilant regarding all aspects of the structural steelwork construction activities. Responding with appropriate and necessary levels of supervision to provide quality assurance in accordance with contract documents.
- Assisting the UAE team in any issues from the contractor regarding claims, etc.
- Reviewing the contractor’s progress at all times. Oversee the recording and regular updating of the progress of the works. Records are available to indicate the progress of the works at all stages of the contract. Monitoring the material incorporated in the work, the materials stored at the site, and the contractor’s manpower and equipment.
- Attending weekly, monthly, and other progress & technical meetings held at the site as required by Client. Identifying constraints and recommending corrective measures.
- Reviewing inspector’s daily reports and generally overseeing the inspector’s daily activities including works assignments, on-site performance, and supervising the contractor’s operations.
- Coordinating with contractor’s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence, and method of work.
- Maintenance of the filing system to record all inspection reports.
- Schedule the duties of the inspectors to avoid any undue delay to the Contractors work on site.
- Work with the Safety Engineer to monitor the Contractors safety arrangements and respond promptly to any safety concerns raised by the Safety Engineer.
- Must have a relevant Engineering degree from a reputed university.
- Should have 6-8 years of construction supervision experience.
- Previous experience working on construction projects in the Middle East is a must.