Perform professional specialized mobility planning tasks and studies and participate in developing and updating integrated smart mobility policies, plans and systems for Dubai Emirate.
KEY RESULTS and ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Prepare short, medium and long term plans to improve the city’s flexible public transport and shared mobility system while seamlessly integrating with other public transport modes and complementing RTA’s transportation strategic plans.
· Introduce creative approaches to dealing with complex transport issues
· Lead a technical area of expertise and proactively contribute to RTA’s growth
· Develop initiatives to improve the efficiency of public transport and mobility network.
· Conduct specialized studies and prepare technical reports/presentations on different issues related to public transport feeder services/ first-and-last mile services.
· Participate in conducting studies needed to develop, regulate and integrate emerging areas of Smart Mobility (such as Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, flexible/demand-responsive transport services, shared economy, point-to-point transport modes, etc.) based on the global trends and the urban and economic growth of the emirate.
· Study and evaluate the impact of different mobility modes which can enhance the optimization, integration and sustainability of the Dubai transportation system
· Assess and make recommendations regarding the readiness of Dubai (in terms of regulations, specifications, information systems, infrastructure, etc.) to keep up with public transport and mobility technological advances and innovations and guarantee sustainability
· Study the role of sharing economy (car sharing, bicycle sharing, ride sourcing/ride-hailing, etc.) in supporting and complementing public transport and provide sound technical advice
· Study and plan high-tech, demand-responsive services (vans and buses with on-demand scheduling and flexible routing)
· Study and make recommendations regarding smart services and mobile applications for public transportation (including artificial intelligence, smart trip planners, etc.)
· Conduct international benchmarking and studies related to global Smart Mobility planning trends and technologies and identify implications on Dubai transportation system
· Participate in the efforts of managing the RTA-UITP “Urban Mobility Innovation Index, UMii” initiative by (i) reviewing the relevant technical reports; (ii) identifying areas of improvement based on index results and benchmarking of the cities participating in the initiative; (iii) assisting the Statistics Sections in collecting and providing UITP with the required statistics for UMii; supervising the business model and activating the role of RTA as Knowledge Partner for UMii; (iv) supervising and managing the annual UMii event in Dubai and (v) continuous improvement of the index.
· Participate in providing technical support to the UITP-RTA MENA CTE “Center of Transportation Excellence” and in facilitating and reviewing CTE studies.
· Undertake reviews and investigations of operational matters and prepare reports as requested.
· Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as needed.
· Result Orientation
· Analytical Thinking
· Knowledge Sharing
· Champion Change and Innovation
· Industry and Global Perspective
· Leadership and management skills
· Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: All RTA Agencies & Sectors
External: Government & Semi-Government officials – Authorities - Consultants. - UITP
FRAMEWORK, BOUNDARIES AND DECISION-MAKING
· All job assigned to him will be overseen by his supervisor
· Has rights to take decision by his/her own proposal within his technical scope of work and in consultation with his/her supervisor as needed.
· Provide professional input and advice to the manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have a Master in Transportation Planning or Engineering from a recognized University, Ph.D. is a plus.
· Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in transportation and mobility planning and related fields.
· Fluent in Arabic and English (reading, writing, and speaking).
· Excellent knowledge of transportation scenario evaluation tools and procedures
· Familiarity with current and emerging best practices related to the planning, design, delivery and operation of Smart Mobility solutions
· Data manipulation and proficiency in the use of relevant software
· Computer Literate.
· Office 95%
· Field 5%
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Posted at||2020-05-11 8:06 am|